Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Burn!

I am very sunburned. Ouch! I guess that's what happens when you spend an entire day outside without sunscreen. I went to the farm this weekend with my Spanish family and we had perfect weather! The sun was out, there wasn't a cloud in sight and there was the perfect amount of wind. Well that wind denied me the chance to actually feel the sun so now my chest is blistered and my face is peeling, oh well.

Besides burning myself, I had a pretty great weekend. Thursday night some friends and I went to the Valley for a big outdoor celebration. Every year the "younger" crowd go the Valley and camp out and drink all night. Well after walking up the mountain to get to the valley I was in a pretty terrible mood and only stayed for about an hour or so. But it was like a giant festival with booths and candy and outdoor bars. And the view of Toledo at night from the top of the mountain was beautiful. Though I wouldn't admit it then, I can now, it was worth the walk... or the hike.

Friday I spent the day laying around the house watching movies and sleeping. I headed up to the school for a few hours to use the Internet but everything in town was closed because of the holiday. Saturday I went the farm, finished all of my homework and took a nice nap (outside) but now I'm paying the consequences. Sunday was Mother's Day so I was able to enjoy a huge meal of lamb and other delicious foods with my extended Spanish family. It was a very fun day but I was forced to sit in the shade and wear a hat.

I'm already half way done with classes for the week with not much homework so far! This weekend I plan on staying in Toledo and not venturing to the farm. I have a paper I need to start working on since I have less than one month left in Spain! Not much else to report except that in a few short hours I will putting vinegar on my chest to sooth the burn... it actually works ! Hasta luego!

No comments: