Thursday, April 2, 2009

Changes

So the new group is here and I'm in love! Everyone is really nice and always wanting to speak in Spanish so I feel really comfortable with them. So far my teachers have singled me out but that was to be expected. Arancha, my culture professor, seems really proud of me and my Spanish skills now. She remembered in the very beginning that I rarely talked and was pretty shy in class but now I'm talkative and participate a lot more! This quarter I plan on being more serious in my studies and try to participate everyday. I want to go the extra mile to learn and improve my grades from last quarter.

My new family is also amazing. Mari Carmen and Manolo are the sweetest people ever. I call Manolo my "bajito" because he is so short! We joke about it all the time. He works on his farm everyday and brings home fresh fruits and vegetables. They make their own sausages and seasonings so naturally everything is delicious! So far I've had amazing soups and chicken and desserts. Three French girls and two Italian girls are staying with them right now so our table gets pretty crowded at meal times but I love the company. Tomás, the cat, is so sweet and is my new little "brother" as Manolo likes to call him. Every single wall in the house is covered with antlers and deer heads, haha. Though it was a bit freaky at first I'm very comforable now and the stuffed birds don't bother me either. My room is nice and big, no Internet, but I have lots of space. My previous family was perfect but if possible this family is even better.

Tomorrow morning I'm off to London to meet Sarah for her Spring Break and my break for Holy Week. We'll be visiting New Castle and Scotland as well so I'm pretty excited! Right now I'm in the cafe at school but I'm going to leave soon to eat paella with the Italians. I love paella! More updates after my week in London, hasta luego!!

1 comment:

freytag said...

Amanda!! I'm just catching up with you by reading all your posts. It sounds like you are having a great time! It's nice the "hear" your voice! Have a great Spring Break! Brose/Freytag