Monday, April 20, 2009

Time Goes By So... Quickly!

It seems like I updated a few days ago, not two weeks ago! Time has gone by so quickly and I hope it slows down just for a bit. London with Sarah was amazing! We were able to see Madam Toussad's Wax Museum, ride the London Eye, visit Stonehenge and Oxford, see a Harry Potter castle in New Castle, go to Scotland for a day and visit numerous museums. The weather was pretty nice with only a bit of rain on the last day (which we spent shopping) and though it was a bit chilly I can't complain! I think with the trip I had with my mom and after Semana Santa in London, I've seen everything there is to see.

After coming home from London I immediately left Toledo and went to my family's farm in a pueblo called Orgaz. They have two other houses in Orgaz and a lot of land. They have goats, sheep, chickens, turkeys, cats and geese. I spent the afternoon on Saturday on the farm with Manolo and Mari Carmen and then Carmen and I went to their other home in Orgaz. While there we watched an old Spanish movie together and I fell asleep because I was pretty exhausted from my London trip. After dinner I went straight to sleep. Sunday morning Carmen and I went to mass at a gorgeous church. The churches here are amazing, so much more elaborate than churches in the U.S. After mass we picked up her mother and went home to work on lunch. I was able to meet their children, Elena and Beatriz, and their husbands and children, Sergio (8 months), Julia (2 years) and Diego (7 months). All were precious! After a long lunch and great conversation I went back to the farm for a bit. I didn't get home until about 8 p.m. that night and then I had to spend some time on homework! But it was a wonderful Holy Week, an interesting Easter and a great weekend.

This past week was the first week in about a month that I've had a strict schedule. It was so nice! Though I have a lot of reading to catch up on for my literature class and learning how to analyze poetry is coming slowly but surely, I'm so thankful to have a stable schedule. Classes are much easier this quarter and I'm participating so much more. I have a new confidence in my Spanish skills and I feel really good about my Spanish abilities. I am also so happy that I decided to stay another quarter. For a few days there I was pretty lonely and wanted to go home. But now I've become really good friends with the group and classes are going really well so I have nothing really to complain about! I still love Toledo, if possible.

Right now I just finished up my poetry homework and am off to Zocodover for coffee and to hang out. Tonight I have a lot of reading from my literature book, "Obabakoak," and a new episode of The Office to watch. It's really nice not having the Internet at my home because I get a lot more work done. Though I miss being able to chat anytime online, it's for the best that I don't have that distraction. Well I'm off to Zoco now! I have photos of my London trip and my Orgaz excursion on Facebook but I'll make a new post later with some pictures. It's raining now and I'm wearing sandals. Oh well! Hasta luego!

No comments: